If you are interested in getting involved with the African Science Academy, please get in contact.
To find out more about our 3-5 month volunteer placement scheme for female school/university leavers, click here.
We are also looking for volunteers who can help us with:
- Fundraising: help us apply for grants, approach corporate sponsors and organise fundraising events
- Social Media: help us spread the word about ASA
- Student recruitment: help us recruit students for the next academic year of ASA
- Mentoring: mentor a girl at our school in your area of expertise (in person or virtually)
- Extra-curricular activities: organise an extra-curricular activity or workshop at ASA
- Careers: organise internships and work experience for our students
- Speaker series: speak to our students (in person or via skype) about your work
- Event management: plan a Careers Fair at ASA
- Community service: help our girls give back to the local community
- Any more suggestions? Let us know!
You do not have to be based in Accra to get involved. Student recruitment will take place across Africa, so you can represent us in your local community. Alternatively, you can help us virtually.
If you would like to get involved, please contact Helen Denyer on email@example.com.