African Gifted Foundation’s strategic priorities are:
- To set the benchmark for gifted education and to lead by example by delivering high quality gifted educational opportunities to the top 5% of gifted young people each year, in cooperation with leading African universities
- To build a permanent school for gifted African students by 2016
- To identify and establish a member network of gifted young people across Africa
- To direct the continent’s and the world’s premier universities towards Africa’s top 5% gifted population and specifically to the members of the African Gifted Foundation
- To become a focus for African expertise and research in gifted education, and a catalyst for the widespread provision of gifted education across Africa
African Gifted Foundation activities will focus on the critical areas of science and mathematics. These fundamental subjects are crucial to Africa’s long term development and the African Gifted Foundation will seek out and unleash young people with particular aptitude in these arenas.